About the company
Alton Drilling is a proudly Kiwi-owned and operated company. Alton's main drilling focus is mineral exploration in all types of ground conditions and all types of locations in New Zealand and overseas. Using the latest drilling equipment and technology, combined with a wide range of experience spanning more than 35 years, Alton Drilling has demonstrated capability to grow and develop highly skilled teams.
About the job
This role is responsible for providing support to the Driller and drilling team in recovering core samples. These roles are based within the North and South Island. You will be joining crews with a good culture of hard work, good banter and looking out for each other.
- Strong commitment to working safely
- Clean Police Record
- Mechanical aptitude and strong problem solving skills as you will be in remote locations or underground and must be able to think on your feet.
- New Zealand Citizenship or Permanent Resident.
- Current full manual drivers car licence, no restrictions
- Be willing to put in the hard yards in the training.
- Be physically fit to cope with the demands of the position.
What to expect
- Conducting daily pre-start equipment checks
- Completing necessary safety paperwork and processes
- Assisting with routine maintenance
- Assisting with loading and unloading heavy vehicles
- Setting up/dismantling/moving drill rigs and equipment
- Cleaning drill rigs, vehicles, equipment and tools
- Assist to set up/dismantle/move rigs and associated equipment
- Other duties as required
What We Offer
- 2:1 Roster or 7:3:7:4 Roster
- Great hourly rate
- Great team atmosphere with career progression
- Excellent training with NZQA certification