About the company
Together at Sanford we are proud of our extensive seafood history and our position as New Zealand’s largest integrated fishing and aquaculture business. Our vision is Leadership in New Zealand Seafood, achieving this through a values led approach of care, passion, integrity and achieving together in all that we do. We are a progressive and people-focused business, and believe our diverse workforce is the key to our success. Be part of an exciting business where employees are recognised, and career growth is supported. At Sanford we offer a work environment that is focused on the Safety, Health and Wellbeing of our employees, and are committed to recruiting, training, developing, and retaining high quality employees.
Could you be our next success story?
About the job
We have a number of roles currently available at our Mussel processing plant in Havelock, with day and night shifts available to suit your lifestyle. Roles are Monday- Friday, followed by 2 days off leaving weekends free to make the most of being located in the beautiful Marlborough Sounds! You will get to experience working in a family-like team and learn how interesting working in the Aquaculture industry can be. No need for experience, we hire the attitude then train you the skill!
Opportunities currently available:
- Mussel Graders – Day and Night Shifts
- Mussel Packers – Day and Night Shifts
- Mussel Openers – Day and Night Shifts
- Cleaners – Night shift only
We are looking for someone who wants to develop a career in seafood manufacturing and who has the hands-on aptitude to learn, grow and advance in our workplace. You will be a key part of a strong and supportive team, and your positive attitude, solid attendance, and excellent work ethic will be recognised and rewarded within the business.
Will you be able to?
Show up with a great attitude and contribute to the team values and objective?
Have the ability to work independently, whilst working towards achieving team goals?
Be eager to learn new skills and interested in career progression?
If so, we want you!
What to expect
Job Security and stability- we continue to operate as an essential business
- Earn as you Learn- you’ll earn more as you learn different skills – a pathway of continuous development and pay progression
- A friendly place to work-we pride ourselves on having a family feel and giving the recognition that is deserved for working hard
- Staff sales and discounts of available seafood
- Our amazing facility – it’s a factory but not as you know it! The environment is spotless and has some beautiful views over the Marlborough Sounds.
- Dedicated Cafeteria with hot tea and coffee provided
- Staff referral scheme- you get a bonus for referring a future employee!
- Annual health checks and support from EAP services to make sure your wellbeing comes first